Bill Carl, who owned Old Colony Insurance in Lexington, died the afternoon of Jan. 12.
The first winner by grade I winner Friends Lake won June 4 at Churchill Downs.
Shaniko, a grade II track-record setter by A.P. Indy, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Ro Parra's Millennium Farms Kentucky near Lexington.
Edgar Prado had Galloping Gal rolling late and she just got up in the final strides to beat Gingham and Lace and Jerry Bailey in the Edgewood Stakes, the first added-money event on the Kentucky Oaks day undercard at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- PA House Resolution Supports Sports Betting