Singletary, winner of the 2004 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I), has been moved to Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., for the 2009 breeding season, it was announced Feb. 16.
Cardiff Stud Farm is offering a deal in which the first 20 owners who breed their approved mares to French champion Suances will receive a $1,000 cash reward when the mare produces a live foal.
Bienamado, a three-time California grade I turf winner, has been acquired by Eoin Banville for stallion duty at Arctic Tack Stud in County Wexford in Ireland.
Spinelessjellyfish, a multiple stakes winner who was grade I stakes-placed, will enter stud at Steve Sahadi's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Although millionaire Skimming's first foal, a colt, was just born Jan. 7, he had actually taken a spin around the track last year.
Washington stallion and millionaire Desert Wine, who ran second in the 1983 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Oct. 15 of a heart attack at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Farm near Yakima.
Cardiff Stud Farms announced that Al Mamoon has been pensioned from stallion duty at the Creston, Calif., nursery
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside