Grade I winner Skimming will relocate to Pacific Stud near Langley, British Columbia, Canada, for the 2009 breeding season.
Lev Fanning Jr., who managed several successful California horse farms, died Sept. 10.
Al Mamoon and Dixie Dot Com, both of whom stood at stud in California, died in the spring.
Itsallgreektome is euthanized at age 20. He was a multiple grade I winner on turf who finished second in two Breeders' Cup races.
Grade I winner Singletary's first reported foal is a filly born Jan. 21 at Cardiff Stud Farm near Atascadero, Calif., where the millionaire stallion stands at stud.
Cardiff Stud Farm is offering a deal in which the first 20 owners who breed their approved mares to French champion Suances will receive a $1,000 cash reward when the mare produces a live foal.
Millionaire Dixie Dot Com was represented by his first winner when his daughter Dixie's Angel won Oct. 10 at Bay Meadows.
Spinelessjellyfish, a multiple stakes winner who was grade I stakes-placed, will enter stud at Steve Sahadi's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Although millionaire Skimming's first foal, a colt, was just born Jan. 7, he had actually taken a spin around the track last year.
Washington stallion and millionaire Desert Wine, who ran second in the 1983 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died Oct. 15 of a heart attack at Gary and Christine Jackson's St. Hilaire Farm near Yakima.
Cardiff Stud Farms announced that Al Mamoon has been pensioned from stallion duty at the Creston, Calif., nursery
Multi-millionaire Skimming, winner of the last two runnings of the Pacific Classic (gr. I), has been retired and will enter stud at the Sahadi family's Cardiff Stud Farms near Atascadero, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner