Proud Tower Too, a grade I sprint winner at Santa Anita, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Tom and Debi Stull's Tommy Town Thoroughbreds near Santa Ynez, Calif.
The 4-year-old colt Excessive Barb set a record on Bay Meadows' Longden Turf Course Sunday when he ran five furlongs in :56.32 seconds and crushed seven rivals in the fifth race.
Javier Santiago got off to a flying start in his United States debut, winning two races at Santa Anita on Wednesday, both for trainer Ruben Cardenas.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner