Proud Tower Too, a grade I sprint winner at Santa Anita, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Tom and Debi Stull's Tommy Town Thoroughbreds near Santa Ynez, Calif.
The 4-year-old colt Excessive Barb set a record on Bay Meadows' Longden Turf Course Sunday when he ran five furlongs in :56.32 seconds and crushed seven rivals in the fifth race.
Javier Santiago got off to a flying start in his United States debut, winning two races at Santa Anita on Wednesday, both for trainer Ruben Cardenas.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet