A subsidiary of Tampa Bay Downs has a contract to purchase the assets of Tampa Greyhound Track, according to a Jan. 7 release.
A new law that allows for an expansion of racetrack card clubs in Minnesota also permits the Minnesota Racing Commission to set threshold testing levels for therapeutic medications used in racehorses.
The Minnesota Senate State Government Committee March 19 voted 8-5 against a measure that would have authorized casino-style gambling, including slot machines, at Canterbury Park and Running Aces Harness Park.
Canterbury Park Holding Corp. reported a net loss of $173,099 for the second quarter of 2009 but said reduced costs and improved operating efficiencies should help moving forward.
A push is under way in California for expanded gaming at proposed casinos or any outlet that currently holds a gaming license, including racetracks, according to published reports.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy