One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Model Approach - By Eric Mitchell
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings