One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- What's Going On Here: A Rich Trifecta
- Health Zone: Hoof Care - Hoof Anatomy
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Two-Time GI Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale