One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options