One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship