One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- 'Bea' Changes Tactics, Captures Sugar Maple
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Picture
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington