One of the most successful breeding partnerships of recent times is ending. Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm and Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Farm, which bred 2000 Kentucky Derby winner (gr. I) Fusaichi Pegasus, are selling five mares they own together during the Keeneland November auction.
Xtra Heat set a quick pace under pressure from Raging Fever and drew off approaching the stretch to lead a strung-out field to the wire in Sunday's $250,000 Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II). Undefeated in sprints, Xtra Heat has now won 12 of 13 career races, with her lone defeat coming in the 1 1/16-mile Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I). The Beaumont marks her 11th stakes win and third in a graded stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown