A Distorted Humor colt fetched the highest price of any newly turned yearling on the first day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7 in Lexington.
Grade I winner and millionaire Gayego will enter stud in 2012 at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm near King City, Ontario, Canada.
Pachattack, who finished third in the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, commanded $1.2 million early in the first session of the Fasig-Tipton November select mixed sale in Lexington.
The average price grew 9.7% from a year ago and the median price increased 1.3% during the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' breeze-up auction April 20 in England.
Bernard McCormack has built Cara Bloodstock into a Canadian force. Download Now
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society winter mixed sale concluded its one-day session with a dramatic increase in gross receipts from last year's venue. One cause for the big increase was the sale topper, the grade I-placed stallion prospect Kentucky Bear who sold for $100,000.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection