A Distorted Humor colt fetched the highest price of any newly turned yearling on the first day of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale Jan. 7 in Lexington.
Grade I winner and millionaire Gayego will enter stud in 2012 at the Hunderup family's Norse Ridge Farm near King City, Ontario, Canada.
Pachattack, who finished third in the Nov. 4 Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, commanded $1.2 million early in the first session of the Fasig-Tipton November select mixed sale in Lexington.
The average price grew 9.7% from a year ago and the median price increased 1.3% during the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' breeze-up auction April 20 in England.
Bernard McCormack has built Cara Bloodstock into a Canadian force. Download Now
The Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society winter mixed sale concluded its one-day session with a dramatic increase in gross receipts from last year's venue. One cause for the big increase was the sale topper, the grade I-placed stallion prospect Kentucky Bear who sold for $100,000.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia