While Florida-bred Yara may have a resume with the most potential to score a victory in the March 31 Gulfstream Oaks Stakes (gr. II), there are several other fillies in the eight-horse field with impressive credentials.
Peres International's Yara reclaimed the lead from odds-on favorite Grace Hall at the top of the stretch and held her off to post a shocking 64-1 upset in the $350,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream Park.
Grace Hall, the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up from last year, headlines a field of nine 3-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream Park.
Godolphin Racing's highly-regarded Alpha rebounded from a disappointing effort in the Breeders' Cup by comfortably winning the $150,000 Count Fleet Stakes Jan. 7 at Aqueduct in his 3-year-old debut.
The Demoiselle Stakes, an important race for juvenile fillies under early consideration for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), drew a full field of 10 promising young females headlined by Lady Cohiba and Awalkinthemoonlite.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory