While Florida-bred Yara may have a resume with the most potential to score a victory in the March 31 Gulfstream Oaks Stakes (gr. II), there are several other fillies in the eight-horse field with impressive credentials.
Peres International's Yara reclaimed the lead from odds-on favorite Grace Hall at the top of the stretch and held her off to post a shocking 64-1 upset in the $350,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream Park.
Grace Hall, the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) runner-up from last year, headlines a field of nine 3-year-old fillies in the $250,000 Davona Dale (gr. II) Feb. 25 at Gulfstream Park.
Godolphin Racing's highly-regarded Alpha rebounded from a disappointing effort in the Breeders' Cup by comfortably winning the $150,000 Count Fleet Stakes Jan. 7 at Aqueduct in his 3-year-old debut.
The Demoiselle Stakes, an important race for juvenile fillies under early consideration for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), drew a full field of 10 promising young females headlined by Lady Cohiba and Awalkinthemoonlite.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia