Aqueduct track-record holder Captain Red will stand for a private treaty at the Virginia Equine Research facility at Morgan Mills near Jeffersonton, Va.
The first reported foal by Aqueduct track-record setter Captain Red is a filly born Feb. 2 at Dan and Kathy Barraclough's Saratoga Glen Farm near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Stakes-placed Captain Red, an Aqueduct track record-holder, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Saratoga Glen Farm near Schuylerville, N.Y.
A field of eight horses, including grade I winners Peeping Tom and Valid Video, has been drawn for the $200,000 James B. Moseley Breeders' Cup Handicap on the MassCap undercard.
Captain Red won the $54,000 allowance feature at Aqueduct on Wednesday in a record six-furlong time of 1:07 4/5 for the inner track, breaking the previous mark by 3/5 of a second.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies