Showing her affinity for the Gulfstream Park turf, Naples Bay boldly charged between horses in the stretch and pulled clear to win Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 4 in her career finale.
Naples Bay broke through with her first stakes victory in the $150,000 Noble Damsel (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Belmont Park Sept. 15, collaring pacesetter Silver Screamer past mid-stretch en route a 1 1/2-length win.
Eduardo Terrazas' Terrazas Thoroughbreds will be relocating from Elmer Whitaker's Whitaker Farm on Paris Pike near Lexington to the Young family's Overbrook Farm, which ceased operations this year and is nearly finished dispersing its horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale