Showing her affinity for the Gulfstream Park turf, Naples Bay boldly charged between horses in the stretch and pulled clear to win Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 4 in her career finale.
Naples Bay broke through with her first stakes victory in the $150,000 Noble Damsel (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Belmont Park Sept. 15, collaring pacesetter Silver Screamer past mid-stretch en route a 1 1/2-length win.
Eduardo Terrazas' Terrazas Thoroughbreds will be relocating from Elmer Whitaker's Whitaker Farm on Paris Pike near Lexington to the Young family's Overbrook Farm, which ceased operations this year and is nearly finished dispersing its horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve