Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
With a two-day Pick Six carryover of $205,698 on the line at Aqueduct Dec. 12, a challenge awaits handicappers in the penultimate leg, the $75,000 Capote Stakes. An evenly matched field of seven 2-year-olds was entered in the six-furlong inner-track race. Four of the runners are coming off wins; the other three were either second or third in the prior starts.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- Marc Ricker Joins Eaton Sales Team