Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
With a two-day Pick Six carryover of $205,698 on the line at Aqueduct Dec. 12, a challenge awaits handicappers in the penultimate leg, the $75,000 Capote Stakes. An evenly matched field of seven 2-year-olds was entered in the six-furlong inner-track race. Four of the runners are coming off wins; the other three were either second or third in the prior starts.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again