Tiznow will face a similar cast of characters as he did while winning the Jan. 13 San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) in Saturday's grade II Strub Stakes at Santa Anita. The nine-furlong Strub will be Tiznow's first start since adding the Horse of the Year title to his 2000 resume. The Strub will be televised on the ESPN2 network at 6:30 p.m. (ET).
Freespool set quick fractions en route to winning the $108,700 El Conejo Handicap (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Sunday at Santa Anita. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Freespool completed the 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:02.50 on a fast track. McCarron and Freespool teamed to win the last running of the El Conejo, Jan. 2, making this the second time in 2000 the two have won the race.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees