The New York Racing Association announced March 5 that it will invest $1.9 million at Saratoga Race Course as well as $5.9 million in similar improvements at Aqueduct Racetrack and $680,000 at Belmont Park.
Horsemen said Oct. 28 they like racing at Santa Anita and appreciate improvements in the clubhouse and grandstand, but conditions in the barn area leave something to be desired.
The Maryland Jockey Club is moving forward with some capital improvement projects it outlined to the Maryland Racing Commission earlier this year.
A major construction and rehabilitation effort at the historic Saratoga Race Course took another baby step toward what New York Racing Association officials hope will be eventual final state approval.
The New York Racing Association should know by the end of the week of June 24 if it will receive about $100 million in new loans for a major capital program at its three racetracks, the head of the racing organization said.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29