A Giant's Causeway filly shared the top price paid during the first day of the 2014 Cape Premier yearling sale that ended with an aggregate of 45,975,000 rands (US$4,200,510).
Watch the Cape Premier Yearling Sale live now from Cape Town, South Africa. Watch Now!
A look back at the results from the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale. Watch Video
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
Value buys at two-day South African auction is expected to draw yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers.
Helderberg Blue, a son of Jet Master, brought 2.8 million rand ($356,588 in U.S. funds) to top Book 1 of the Cape Premier yearling sale, which ended its two-day run Jan. 27 in South Africa.
Magnificent Trip, a son of Trippi, commanded 1.7 million rand ($213,368 in U.S. funds) Jan. 26 to top the opening session of Book 1 of Cape Thoroughbred Sales' Cape Premier yearling auction in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Dortmund Stands Out in Los Alamitos Futurity
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship