British bloodstock agent Amanda Skiffington went to the top price of 4 million rands ($351,003 in U.S. funds) to secure a Var colt at the final session of the Cape Premier Yearling Sale Jan. 23 in Cape Town, South Africa.
A son of leading South African sire Dynasty became the most expensive Thoroughbred ever sold at public auction in South Africa when fetching 5.2 million rands at the Cape Premier Yearling Sale the evening of Jan. 22.
A Giant's Causeway filly shared the top price paid during the first day of the 2014 Cape Premier yearling sale that ended with an aggregate of 45,975,000 rands (US$4,200,510).
Watch the Cape Premier Yearling Sale live now from Cape Town, South Africa. Watch Now!
A look back at the results from the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale. Watch Video
Brisk trading continued Jan. 25 in the concluding session of the two-day 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale taking place in the heart of Cape Town, South Africa.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
Value buys at two-day South African auction is expected to draw yearling-to-juvenile pinhookers.
Helderberg Blue, a son of Jet Master, brought 2.8 million rand ($356,588 in U.S. funds) to top Book 1 of the Cape Premier yearling sale, which ended its two-day run Jan. 27 in South Africa.
Magnificent Trip, a son of Trippi, commanded 1.7 million rand ($213,368 in U.S. funds) Jan. 26 to top the opening session of Book 1 of Cape Thoroughbred Sales' Cape Premier yearling auction in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame