Made for Magic became a graded stakes winner May 16 when she collared heavy favorite Wynning Ride by a half-length in the $150,000 Milady Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Cape Canaveral, who has sired 10 stakes winners from his first three crops, has been purchased for stallion duty at Highfield Stock Farm near Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.
Reata's Rocket and Cat On a Cloud scored clear victories in the two divisions of the NATC Futurity at Monmouth Park Saturday.
The champion filly Smuggler made no impact in her first start in nine months when Magnolia Jackson dug in to defeat Grecian Lover by a neck in the $155,400 Bed o' Roses Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Aqueduct Saturday.
The Young family's Overbrook Farm, which earlier announced that Storm Cat's fee would remain at $500,000 for 2006, announced fees for its other stallions.
Robert L. Beck's Megascape got the jump on three rivals Sunday afternoon and took jockey Stewart Elliott to an easy victory over Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track in the $76,450 Ruthless Stakes for 3-year-old fillies at six furlongs.
The Steve Asmussen-trained Megascape, shouldering top weight of 122 pounds, went gate to wire to easily upset odds-on favorite Alfonsina in the $106,500 Valley Stream (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies Sunday at Aqueduct.
A field of 11 juvenile fillies, including recent Colleen Stakes winner Im a Dixie Girl, will compete Saturday at River Downs in the six-furlong, $100,000 Pepsi Bassinet Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains