For the fifth consecutive year, Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is providing funding to CANTER Mid-Atlantic for the organization's ongoing program and mission to rehabilitate and find homes for former racehorses.
After starting a successful partnership in 2009, CANTER Mid-Atlantic continues to receive grant funding from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, enabling its ongoing program and mission to find homes for ex-racers.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic's free online sales listings transitioned 350 ex-racehorses into second careers in 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is continuing its partnership with CANTER-Mid Atlantic and will again present a $10,000 donation to the organization during the Charles Town Classic card April 14.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic is opening a racehorse rehabilitation program with donations from Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association earmarked to serve Delaware Park trainers and owners.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
During the month of August, Thoroughbred racing fans that visit Adam's Ribs restaurant will benefit CANTER-Mid Atlantic ex-racehorse retirement and rehabilitation center, as 10% of all receipts with an accompanying coupon will go to the facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Kentucky Oaks Attracts 154 Nominees
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards
- Insights on Jockey Club's Purchase of B-H