After starting a successful partnership in 2009, CANTER Mid-Atlantic continues to receive grant funding from Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, enabling its ongoing program and mission to find homes for ex-racers.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic's free online sales listings transitioned 350 ex-racehorses into second careers in 2012.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races is continuing its partnership with CANTER-Mid Atlantic and will again present a $10,000 donation to the organization during the Charles Town Classic card April 14.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic is opening a racehorse rehabilitation program with donations from Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association earmarked to serve Delaware Park trainers and owners.
CANTER-Mid Atlantic will expand its ongoing race horse rehabilitation program with a grant funded by Charles Town Races & Slots.
During the month of August, Thoroughbred racing fans that visit Adam's Ribs restaurant will benefit CANTER-Mid Atlantic ex-racehorse retirement and rehabilitation center, as 10% of all receipts with an accompanying coupon will go to the facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds