The Bobby Frankel-trained High Limit spoiled the return to the races of 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Giacomo with an authoritative win in the $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Saturday.
Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner, makes his first start in seven months when he faces a full field in Saturday's $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. I) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Park.
Doug Cauthen's Unbridled Energy, rallying from far back, wore down favored Greeley's Galaxy in the lane and held off an unlucky Canteen close to home for a three-quarters of a length victory in the San Fernando Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Saturday.
Greeley's Galaxy, who split the field in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in his first start in 19 months Dec. 26, is the 120-pound high weight among nine entered for Saturday's $200,000 San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint