The Bobby Frankel-trained High Limit spoiled the return to the races of 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Giacomo with an authoritative win in the $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Saturday.
Giacomo, the 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner, makes his first start in seven months when he faces a full field in Saturday's $300,000 Strub Stakes (gr. I) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Park.
Doug Cauthen's Unbridled Energy, rallying from far back, wore down favored Greeley's Galaxy in the lane and held off an unlucky Canteen close to home for a three-quarters of a length victory in the San Fernando Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita Saturday.
Greeley's Galaxy, who split the field in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) in his first start in 19 months Dec. 26, is the 120-pound high weight among nine entered for Saturday's $200,000 San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell