Jockey William Pike skillfully guided Elite Belle through opponents in the stretch, where she caught the leader in the final 100 meters and won the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) Nov. 22 at Ascot in Perth, Australia.
Champion and prominent Australian sire Canny Lad, broodmare sire of leading sire Redoute's Choice, was euthanized recently at Darley's Woodlands Stud, where he was a pensioner. He was 26.
The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
Of the dozen aspirants for the Australian Derby (Aus-I) to prep in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) on March 24, the pair least likely on breeding were the first two home.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino