Jockey William Pike skillfully guided Elite Belle through opponents in the stretch, where she caught the leader in the final 100 meters and won the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) Nov. 22 at Ascot in Perth, Australia.
Champion and prominent Australian sire Canny Lad, broodmare sire of leading sire Redoute's Choice, was euthanized recently at Darley's Woodlands Stud, where he was a pensioner. He was 26.
The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
Of the dozen aspirants for the Australian Derby (Aus-I) to prep in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) on March 24, the pair least likely on breeding were the first two home.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet