Jockey William Pike skillfully guided Elite Belle through opponents in the stretch, where she caught the leader in the final 100 meters and won the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) Nov. 22 at Ascot in Perth, Australia.
Champion and prominent Australian sire Canny Lad, broodmare sire of leading sire Redoute's Choice, was euthanized recently at Darley's Woodlands Stud, where he was a pensioner. He was 26.
The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
Of the dozen aspirants for the Australian Derby (Aus-I) to prep in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) on March 24, the pair least likely on breeding were the first two home.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager