Jockey William Pike skillfully guided Elite Belle through opponents in the stretch, where she caught the leader in the final 100 meters and won the Aus$1 million Railway Stakes (Aus-I) Nov. 22 at Ascot in Perth, Australia.
Champion and prominent Australian sire Canny Lad, broodmare sire of leading sire Redoute's Choice, was euthanized recently at Darley's Woodlands Stud, where he was a pensioner. He was 26.
The winning Canny Lad mare Our Pride and Joy topped trading on the final day of the select portion of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale, which saw overall total receipts soar and an unprecedented clearance rate.
Of the dozen aspirants for the Australian Derby (Aus-I) to prep in the Rosehill Guineas (Aus-I) on March 24, the pair least likely on breeding were the first two home.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Georgia Pari-Mutuel Legislation Advances
- Three Derby Preps Highlight Huge Weekend
- Divisidero Has Buzz in Redrawn Palm Beach
- Betfair U.S. Enjoys 25% Spike in Revenue
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Consumer Credit Ranks High in Fla. Oaks
- 'Salutos,' Dads Caps Clash Again in Tom Fool