Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
Most Popular Stories
- Taking Shergar
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame
- Making the Grade: Mor Spirit
- Older Turf Horses Contest Tampa Bay Stakes
- Hot City Girl Carries Legacy Into Fritchie
- Discreetness Turns in Final Southwest Work
- Mike Hushion Back Where He Belongs
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud