Pete Anderson, who rode the great Forego in the 1973 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and won the 1958 Belmont Stakes on Cavan, died of a heart attack Feb. 19 at a Hialeah hospital.
Attorney Jim Philpott has taken a lot of journeys throughout his life. And though he was casually involved with horses at a young age, he never imagined his career path after law school would eventually revolve around the Thoroughbred world.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah, Beholder Work for Classic
- Honor Code to Prepare for Classic at Belmont
- Meadowlands Cancels Racing for Oct. 9
- IHRC to Discuss Status of Executive Director
- Pedigree Analysis: Bloodroot
- Touching Promise Seeks to Defend in Ballerina
- Three Pletcher Breeders' Cup Hopefuls Breeze
- Stirling to Leave Florida HBPA Post
- Born in a Breeze Set for Bunty Lawless Stakes
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows