For Fasig-Tipton, the results of two grade I stakes Oct. 1 at Santa Anita could not have been more timely, coming three days ahead of the sale's company's annual Midlantic yearling sale.
Cinco Charlie went gate to wire in an easy victory in the inaugural running of $100,000 William Walker Stakes April 25 on opening night of Churchill Downs' spring meeting.
CandyLand Farm's Herb and Ellen Moelis have raised millions for retired racehorses. Download Now
- By Vic Zast
Leisurely dawns lead to action-packed afternoons at Saratoga. read blog
Five Star Thief stole his second race of the 14-day Keeneland meeting Oct. 24, taking the featured $48,425 Circle O Purse by a nose, as bettors again ignored the 4-year-old son of Cat Thief.
Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA) announced they will hold its Stallion Season Auction Dec. 1, and for the first time, the event will take place at Keeneland Entertainment Center.
Thoroughbred Charities of America (TCA) has approved grants of $1,227,000 spread out to 112 equine charities for the 2005 fiscal year.
Thoroughbred Charities of America announced the appointment of Betty Moran to its board of directors. The TCA is a fund raising organization that distributes grants to Thoroughbred rescue, retirement, research, education, backstretch, and handicap riding programs.
Despite a severe snowstorm along the East Coast, a large crowd attended the Thoroughbred Charities of America's 14th annual gala and auction Dec. 6, raising more than $1.5 million to aid retired Thoroughbreds.
Thoroughbred Charities of America completed the first phase of its annual Stallion Season and Sporting Art Auction on Dec. 7, with results pointing toward a new record.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Winners Post Works at Saratoga
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap