A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Consignors were seeing plenty of interest in the final crop of yearlings by Indian Charlie being offered at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga sale of selected yearlings set for Aug. 5 and 6.
Fasig-Tipton July select auction received generally good reviews as it launched the 2012 yearling selling season in a solid fashion.
The Fasig-Tipton Eastern fall yearling sale returned to more solid financial ground during its two-day run that ended Oct. 6 in Timonium, Md.
Continuing the trend with the season's previous yearling sales, the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern Fall yearling sale ended its three-day run at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., Oct. 1 with downturns across the board and an increase in the buy-back rate.
The opening session of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Eastern Fall yearling sale, Sept. 29 at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Md., took hits in key statistical areas, with gross and average falling, but the median remained steady.
Thoroughbred Charities of America raised $220,000 at its annual golf tournament Aug. 16 at the Saratoga National Golf Club in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Herb and Ellen Moelis, founders of Thoroughbred Charities of America, have been named recipients of the Industry Service Award by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association it was announced Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates
- Xpressbet 'Big Bet' Offers Breeders' Cup Trip