Lady of Venice, a French import that scored a stylish victory in Keeneland's Appalachian in her U.S. debut, is the 5-2 morning line choice in the $200,000-added Regret (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Australian-born conditioner Ian Wilkes, who began his own training career New Year's Day after serving as an assistant to Carl Nafzger for 13 years, saddled the winners of three straight races at Gulfstream Park Thursday, the last one establishing a track record.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial