James Covello, winner of the 2011 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) with Lilacs and Lace, has another good shot at victory this year with Testa Rossi.
Room Service appreciated some extra ground as she rallied from last to first to deny favored Candy Kitty in the $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT) March 2 on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Leading Gulfstream Park trainer Todd Pletcher saddles top-weighted Candy Kitty for the $100,000 Herecomesthebride Stakes (gr. IIIT), one of nine sophomore fillies set to contest the 1 1/8-mile turf event March 2.
Aqueduct, Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park, Winter Scenes, Laurel Park & more. View Slideshow
Starlight Racing's Candy Kitty charged through an opening to the outside of battling front-runners and kicked clear to win the $100,000 Ginger Brew Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Jan. 5 at Gulfstream Park.
Just more than five weeks after securing the first stakes win of her career in an off-the-turf edition of the Wait a While Stakes, Candy Kitty will return to grass racing Jan. 5 at Gulfstream Park in the Ginger Brew Stakes.
Somewhere in the 12-horse field of the $200,000 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT) one would think there is a budding turf star who will have a major impact on the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance