The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 17, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course and activities throughout the day will help support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Churchill Downs Racetrack announced that Stand Up To Cancer ("SU2C") will be the beneficiary of a fund-raising effort conducted as part of the 138th running of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on Friday, May 4.
The question "What's in a name?" may have first been pondered by William Shakespeare, but Chuck Zacney, a partner in the Philadelphia-area Cash is King Stable, must have wondered the same thing when he first read the story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott.
Touched by the recent stories of the late Alex Scott and her Alex's Lemonade Stand, Ernie Paragallo of North Mass, New York and a part owner of the Kentucky-based stallion Unbridled's Song is contributing $62,500 to Alex's Lemonade Stand and $62,500 to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation based in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill