The New York Racing Association has designated Friday, Aug. 17, as "Fabulous Fillies Day" at Saratoga Race Course and activities throughout the day will help support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Churchill Downs Racetrack announced that Stand Up To Cancer ("SU2C") will be the beneficiary of a fund-raising effort conducted as part of the 138th running of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) on Friday, May 4.
The question "What's in a name?" may have first been pondered by William Shakespeare, but Chuck Zacney, a partner in the Philadelphia-area Cash is King Stable, must have wondered the same thing when he first read the story of Alexandra "Alex" Scott.
Touched by the recent stories of the late Alex Scott and her Alex's Lemonade Stand, Ernie Paragallo of North Mass, New York and a part owner of the Kentucky-based stallion Unbridled's Song is contributing $62,500 to Alex's Lemonade Stand and $62,500 to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation based in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September