Live racing at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has been canceled for Wednesday, Jan. 21, due to an impending winter storm expected in the central Pennsylvania region.
Belmont Park canceled racing June 21 as Elmont, N.Y. and the surrounding areas in Nassau County on Long Island came under a heat advisory with temperatures expected to pass 100.
Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., has noted on its Web site that due to inclement weather, live racing has been cancelled for Monday, Jan. 18.
Due to harsh weather conditions, live racing at Oaklawn Park has been cancelled for Friday, Jan. 25. The facility will remain open for simulcasting.
Hawthorne Race Course cancelled the remainder of its Dec. 13 card due to unacceptable track conditions, the racetrack announced following the second race of the day.
Racing at Belmont Park was cancelled July 18 due to heavy thunderstorms in the Elmont, NY area.
Rain and winds in the Northeast forced Delaware Park and Philadelphia Park to cancel racing today.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night