A 20 % increase in wagering in the United States on Woodbine's live Thoroughbred racing helped propel the Toronto track to an overall gain of 5.5 % for the 166-day meeting which ended Dec. 1, according to a release from Woodbine.
Streakin Rob was named the 4-1 Winterbook favorite for the 143rd running of the Queen's Plate. The 1 1/4-mile Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race and North America's oldest continuously run stakes event, is set for Sunday, June 23 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Albertrani Sends Berned West for Starlet