A 20 % increase in wagering in the United States on Woodbine's live Thoroughbred racing helped propel the Toronto track to an overall gain of 5.5 % for the 166-day meeting which ended Dec. 1, according to a release from Woodbine.
Streakin Rob was named the 4-1 Winterbook favorite for the 143rd running of the Queen's Plate. The 1 1/4-mile Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race and North America's oldest continuously run stakes event, is set for Sunday, June 23 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact