A 20 % increase in wagering in the United States on Woodbine's live Thoroughbred racing helped propel the Toronto track to an overall gain of 5.5 % for the 166-day meeting which ended Dec. 1, according to a release from Woodbine.
Streakin Rob was named the 4-1 Winterbook favorite for the 143rd running of the Queen's Plate. The 1 1/4-mile Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race and North America's oldest continuously run stakes event, is set for Sunday, June 23 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29