A 20 % increase in wagering in the United States on Woodbine's live Thoroughbred racing helped propel the Toronto track to an overall gain of 5.5 % for the 166-day meeting which ended Dec. 1, according to a release from Woodbine.
Streakin Rob was named the 4-1 Winterbook favorite for the 143rd running of the Queen's Plate. The 1 1/4-mile Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous horse race and North America's oldest continuously run stakes event, is set for Sunday, June 23 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training