Canada's Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced May 19 that the Gustav Schickedanz, one of North America's leading Thoroughbred breeders the past 10 years, Canadian Thoroughbred Triple Crown winner Peteski and three champion runners, fillies Alywow, La Voyageuse and Maryfield are among this year's inductees.
A total of 21 nominees have been put forward by the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame's Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees.
The late Steve Stavro, a prominent owner and breeder of champion Thoroughbreds, and Jack McNiven, one of leading breeders of Standardbreds in Canada, have been nominated for election in the Builders' category of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- As Revenue Drops, NY Casinos Get Extra Hours
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss