Two-time U.S. Horse of the Year Wise Dan and seven-time Sovereign Award-winning trainer Mark Casse are among five Thoroughbred racing inductees into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Breeders' Cup, Triple Crown, Northeast Region, Midwest Region
Ten horses and people have been elected to the Hall of Fame this year, with half coming on the Thoroughbred side. The Thoroughbred inductees are Mine That Bird, Bob Anderson, Jim Bannon, Stewart Elliott, and Roger Laurin.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced July 3 the grandfathering of five winners of the Triple Crown series.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced that Hidden Treasure and owner/breeder Jack Hood will be "Thoroughbred Legends" inductees for 2013.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Touch Gold, the late Tammy Samuel Balaz, and trainer Mark Frostad are among the Thoroughbreds and individuals nominated for induction into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Victory Gallop, a Canadian-bred winner of the 1998 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), is one of five 2010 Thoroughbred inductees in the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Other nominees include Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winners Touch Gold and Victory Gallop.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame announced its 2008 inductees May 20. Four horses and four people will be honored at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Mississauga Convention Centre Aug. 28.
Natalma, the dam of Northern Dancer, and Jack McNiven, one of the leading breeders of Standardbreds in Canada, have been nominated for election into the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame. They were among the 15 nominees put forward by the Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale