A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Gross revenue and average price declined significantly at the Canadian Breeders Sales' select yearling auction at Woodbine on Tuesday. Colts by Sultry Song and Tale of the Cat brought $150,000 apiece to top the auction. (All figures involving money in this story are reported in Canadian dollars.)
Acting on behalf of a syndicate, trainer Roger Attfield paid CAN$320,000 (US$217,894) for an Always a Classic colt to top Tuesday's select yearling sale conducted by the Canadian Breeders Sales at Woodbine Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew