A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Gross revenue and average price declined significantly at the Canadian Breeders Sales' select yearling auction at Woodbine on Tuesday. Colts by Sultry Song and Tale of the Cat brought $150,000 apiece to top the auction. (All figures involving money in this story are reported in Canadian dollars.)
Acting on behalf of a syndicate, trainer Roger Attfield paid CAN$320,000 (US$217,894) for an Always a Classic colt to top Tuesday's select yearling sale conducted by the Canadian Breeders Sales at Woodbine Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- Unbeaten Karpino Romps in German Guineas
- Top-Quality Catalog for JRHA Select Sale
- Dinerman New Emerald Downs Announcer
- Record Average at MM Weanling Sale
- Gulfstream Starter Bonus Tied to Field Size
- American Pharoah at Churchill Downs May 25
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Sheikh Hamdan: U.S. TC Too Much Pressure