A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Gross revenue and average price declined significantly at the Canadian Breeders Sales' select yearling auction at Woodbine on Tuesday. Colts by Sultry Song and Tale of the Cat brought $150,000 apiece to top the auction. (All figures involving money in this story are reported in Canadian dollars.)
Acting on behalf of a syndicate, trainer Roger Attfield paid CAN$320,000 (US$217,894) for an Always a Classic colt to top Tuesday's select yearling sale conducted by the Canadian Breeders Sales at Woodbine Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark