A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Gross revenue and average price declined significantly at the Canadian Breeders Sales' select yearling auction at Woodbine on Tuesday. Colts by Sultry Song and Tale of the Cat brought $150,000 apiece to top the auction. (All figures involving money in this story are reported in Canadian dollars.)
Acting on behalf of a syndicate, trainer Roger Attfield paid CAN$320,000 (US$217,894) for an Always a Classic colt to top Tuesday's select yearling sale conducted by the Canadian Breeders Sales at Woodbine Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again