A West by West colt brought $165,000 (Canadian funds, $105,980 in U.S. funds) to top the Canadian-bred yearling auction at Woodbine Tuesday.
Gross revenue and average price declined significantly at the Canadian Breeders Sales' select yearling auction at Woodbine on Tuesday. Colts by Sultry Song and Tale of the Cat brought $150,000 apiece to top the auction. (All figures involving money in this story are reported in Canadian dollars.)
Acting on behalf of a syndicate, trainer Roger Attfield paid CAN$320,000 (US$217,894) for an Always a Classic colt to top Tuesday's select yearling sale conducted by the Canadian Breeders Sales at Woodbine Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al