Officials at the Michigan Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association confirmed that Campbell Stables stallions War Image, Valid Trefaire, and Fire Blitz were among the horses that died in a Southern Michigan barn fire.
A Southern Michigan barn fire at the farm of longtime Thoroughbred owner/breeder Jerry Campbell's Campbell Stables has resulted in the death of 38 horses and the injury of an employee.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan remains on schedule for a July 18 opening and has filled the position of vice president of sales and marketing.
Fire Blitz, a winning son of Storm Cat out of a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, will enter stud at Jerry and Felicia Campbell's Campbell Stables near Jackson, Mich.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet