Officials at the Michigan Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association confirmed that Campbell Stables stallions War Image, Valid Trefaire, and Fire Blitz were among the horses that died in a Southern Michigan barn fire.
A Southern Michigan barn fire at the farm of longtime Thoroughbred owner/breeder Jerry Campbell's Campbell Stables has resulted in the death of 38 horses and the injury of an employee.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan remains on schedule for a July 18 opening and has filled the position of vice president of sales and marketing.
Fire Blitz, a winning son of Storm Cat out of a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, will enter stud at Jerry and Felicia Campbell's Campbell Stables near Jackson, Mich.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program