Officials at the Michigan Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association confirmed that Campbell Stables stallions War Image, Valid Trefaire, and Fire Blitz were among the horses that died in a Southern Michigan barn fire.
A Southern Michigan barn fire at the farm of longtime Thoroughbred owner/breeder Jerry Campbell's Campbell Stables has resulted in the death of 38 horses and the injury of an employee.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan remains on schedule for a July 18 opening and has filled the position of vice president of sales and marketing.
Fire Blitz, a winning son of Storm Cat out of a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, will enter stud at Jerry and Felicia Campbell's Campbell Stables near Jackson, Mich.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses