Officials at the Michigan Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association confirmed that Campbell Stables stallions War Image, Valid Trefaire, and Fire Blitz were among the horses that died in a Southern Michigan barn fire.
A Southern Michigan barn fire at the farm of longtime Thoroughbred owner/breeder Jerry Campbell's Campbell Stables has resulted in the death of 38 horses and the injury of an employee.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan remains on schedule for a July 18 opening and has filled the position of vice president of sales and marketing.
Fire Blitz, a winning son of Storm Cat out of a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, will enter stud at Jerry and Felicia Campbell's Campbell Stables near Jackson, Mich.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady