Officials at the Michigan Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association confirmed that Campbell Stables stallions War Image, Valid Trefaire, and Fire Blitz were among the horses that died in a Southern Michigan barn fire.
A Southern Michigan barn fire at the farm of longtime Thoroughbred owner/breeder Jerry Campbell's Campbell Stables has resulted in the death of 38 horses and the injury of an employee.
Pinnacle Race Course in Michigan remains on schedule for a July 18 opening and has filled the position of vice president of sales and marketing.
Fire Blitz, a winning son of Storm Cat out of a Canadian Broodmare of the Year, will enter stud at Jerry and Felicia Campbell's Campbell Stables near Jackson, Mich.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives