Camelia "Cam" Casby, a longtime Thoroughbred breeder and owner who managed stables in Minnesota, Kentucky, and New York, died Oct. 25 after complications from a heart attack she suffered a week earlier. She was 63.
The Keeneland September yearling sale continued Sept. 25 with decreases in all major indices, though some participants see a shrouded silver lining: bargains for those with some cash and an increase in the value of yearlings in a couple of years.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016