Bob Witham, a veteran horseman who broke horses for Shadwell Farm for more than two decades, died Dec. 17 at Palmetto Health Richland Hospital in Columbia, S.C. He was 65.
For almost a year some residents of Camden, S.C., have feared the Camden Training Center could become the next Camden subdivision. They can now breathe easy. Henrietta George has a contract in place to purchase the 385-acre facility from William S. Farish.
A group of Camden, S.C., residents have secured pledges worth more than $1 million in the hope of purchasing the Camden Training Center from William S. Farish, who notified key members of the community last November of his intent to sell the 385-acre facility.
In what he called a "reorganization," William S. Farish is looking for a buyer for his Camden Training Center in South Carolina. The prospect of the facility changing hands has preservationists and horsemen concerned it will be developed unless a benevolent individual or group decides to take ownership of the 385-acre facility.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap