Patrick Hogan announced that Stravinsky will return to his Cambridge Stud in New Zealand for the upcoming breeding season after an absence of two years.
Sun King, a millionaire and multiple grade II winner, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Darby Dan Farm near Lexington.
Australian breeders are likely to get their first chance to breed to shuttle stallion Stravinsky in 2007, with the horse expected to be announced as an addition to the Coolmore Stud roster.
Leading New Zealand sire Zabeel will have his stud fee remain at $100,000.
New Zealand sire Zabeel, a leading sire in Australia and New Zealand, sired his 100th stakes winner.
- By Peter Tonkes
Cambridge Stud manager Marcus Corban reported a straightforward foaling for Australian and New Zealand champion Sunline.
French champion Elusive City has been purchased by Trelawney Stud in partnership with Cambridge Stud, Fairdale Stud, and Haunui Farm.
Reset is unique of Zabeel's 26 group I winners in that the Australian Guineas (Aust-I) winner was foaled in Australia, the others in their sire's native New Zealand.
Champion sire Zabeel will stand at New Zealand's Cambridge Stud at a reduced fee.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington