Favored Schiaparelli, making her first start around two turns, held on gamely in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park for her initial graded stakes score.
Jon Court, a Florida native who has won more than 3,000 career races, has been selected as the winner of the 2007 Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Cambiocorsa, a five-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing and is booked to Ghostzapper.
Costume Designer, a consistent daughter of Capote, is ready for her first race in nearly seven months in the $100,000-added Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1⁄2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf on New Year's Day.
Cambiocorsa, queen of Santa Anita's downhill turf course, extended her reign Wednesday to eight consecutive victories when she dominated Oak Tree's opening day feature, the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
In spite of a seven-race winning streak, California-bred filly Cambiocorsa will be an underdog as she challenges a talented international cast in the $750,000 CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Seeking her first graded stakes victory, Cambiocorsa will attempt to stretch her unbeaten streak over the Santa Anita hillside turf course to seven in Easter Sunday's $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares.
Front-running Cambiocorsa extended her winning streak to five in Friday's $134,125 Irish O'Brien on Santa Anita's hillside turf course, but the gray 4-year-old filly was fully extended to repel Somethinaboutlaura by a head in the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings