Favored Schiaparelli, making her first start around two turns, held on gamely in the $150,000 Royal Heroine Mile (gr. IIT) July 6 at Betfair Hollywood Park for her initial graded stakes score.
Jon Court, a Florida native who has won more than 3,000 career races, has been selected as the winner of the 2007 Santa Anita George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award.
Cambiocorsa, a five-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing and is booked to Ghostzapper.
Costume Designer, a consistent daughter of Capote, is ready for her first race in nearly seven months in the $100,000-added Monrovia Handicap (gr. IIIT) at about 6 1⁄2 furlongs on the Santa Anita turf on New Year's Day.
Cambiocorsa, queen of Santa Anita's downhill turf course, extended her reign Wednesday to eight consecutive victories when she dominated Oak Tree's opening day feature, the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT).
In spite of a seven-race winning streak, California-bred filly Cambiocorsa will be an underdog as she challenges a talented international cast in the $750,000 CashCall Mile Invitational (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Seeking her first graded stakes victory, Cambiocorsa will attempt to stretch her unbeaten streak over the Santa Anita hillside turf course to seven in Easter Sunday's $100,000 Las Cienegas Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares.
Front-running Cambiocorsa extended her winning streak to five in Friday's $134,125 Irish O'Brien on Santa Anita's hillside turf course, but the gray 4-year-old filly was fully extended to repel Somethinaboutlaura by a head in the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-breds.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher