Jockey Eric Camacho was in Louisville April 23 to work Cloverleaf Farm's Bsharpsonata, from the Tim Salzman stable, one of the favorites in the May 2 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Pulpit was sharp in her five-furlong breeze, stopping the clock in :59.80, the third fastest drill of the morning at the famed Kentucky oval.
Riding only his fourth mount in the United States, 21-year-old jockey Filiberto Camacho scored his first American victory in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Thursday aboard G.J. Stable's The Truth Detector.
Laurel Park's 15-week winter meet ended Sunday with jockey Eric Camacho, trainer Kenny Cox, and owner Michael Gill winning individual titles.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch