Jockey Eric Camacho was in Louisville April 23 to work Cloverleaf Farm's Bsharpsonata, from the Tim Salzman stable, one of the favorites in the May 2 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Pulpit was sharp in her five-furlong breeze, stopping the clock in :59.80, the third fastest drill of the morning at the famed Kentucky oval.
Riding only his fourth mount in the United States, 21-year-old jockey Filiberto Camacho scored his first American victory in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Thursday aboard G.J. Stable's The Truth Detector.
Laurel Park's 15-week winter meet ended Sunday with jockey Eric Camacho, trainer Kenny Cox, and owner Michael Gill winning individual titles.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate