Jockey Eric Camacho was in Louisville April 23 to work Cloverleaf Farm's Bsharpsonata, from the Tim Salzman stable, one of the favorites in the May 2 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. The daughter of Pulpit was sharp in her five-furlong breeze, stopping the clock in :59.80, the third fastest drill of the morning at the famed Kentucky oval.
Riding only his fourth mount in the United States, 21-year-old jockey Filiberto Camacho scored his first American victory in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Thursday aboard G.J. Stable's The Truth Detector.
Laurel Park's 15-week winter meet ended Sunday with jockey Eric Camacho, trainer Kenny Cox, and owner Michael Gill winning individual titles.
Baltimore native Eric Camacho rode his first winner Sunday in the first race at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Governor Malibu Tops Empire Classic Field