Super High, ridden by Tyler Baze, battled 2-5 favorite Moscow Burning to the wire for a nose victory in Sunday's $108,000 Pro Or Con Handicap for California-bred older fillies and mares on the turf at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela continued his thus far successful comeback with a four-win day at Hollywood Park Wednesday. Calzada Kid won the $60,180 feature race under Valenzuela, giving him his first four-victory day in nine years.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate