Super High, ridden by Tyler Baze, battled 2-5 favorite Moscow Burning to the wire for a nose victory in Sunday's $108,000 Pro Or Con Handicap for California-bred older fillies and mares on the turf at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela continued his thus far successful comeback with a four-win day at Hollywood Park Wednesday. Calzada Kid won the $60,180 feature race under Valenzuela, giving him his first four-victory day in nine years.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breeze at Palm Beach
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes