J P's Gusto, a grade I-winning juvenile and successful 3-year-old sprinter, has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Och Tamale, a half-brother to last year's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buddy Gil, was fourth in his debut Thursday in the fifth race at Santa Anita, a $47,000 maiden race on the about 6 1/2-furlong downhill turf course.
Grade II winner Caller I. D., who is represrented by five stakes winners this year, arrived the past weekend at Thomas Reigle's Reigle Heir Farms near Grantville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile