J P's Gusto, a grade I-winning juvenile and successful 3-year-old sprinter, has been retired from racing and will stand in 2012 at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud near Ocala, Fla.
Och Tamale, a half-brother to last year's Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buddy Gil, was fourth in his debut Thursday in the fifth race at Santa Anita, a $47,000 maiden race on the about 6 1/2-furlong downhill turf course.
Grade II winner Caller I. D., who is represrented by five stakes winners this year, arrived the past weekend at Thomas Reigle's Reigle Heir Farms near Grantville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- Indiana Grand to Host PDJF Event
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup