With workers' compensation rates on the rise again in California, the Thoroughbred group overseeing the statewide pool for horsemen expects to use about $1 million from the purse account to stem a 2013 projected funding gap.
- By Jack Shinar
A bill aimed at easing the strain of workers' compensation insurance costs for California horsemen by raising pari-mutuel takeout on exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point cleared the state Assembly by unanimous vote May 3. It is headed to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger for his signature.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier