With workers' compensation rates on the rise again in California, the Thoroughbred group overseeing the statewide pool for horsemen expects to use about $1 million from the purse account to stem a 2013 projected funding gap.
A bill aimed at easing the strain of workers' compensation insurance costs for California horsemen by raising pari-mutuel takeout on exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point cleared the state Assembly by unanimous vote May 3. It is headed to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger for his signature.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess