With workers' compensation rates on the rise again in California, the Thoroughbred group overseeing the statewide pool for horsemen expects to use about $1 million from the purse account to stem a 2013 projected funding gap.
A bill aimed at easing the strain of workers' compensation insurance costs for California horsemen by raising pari-mutuel takeout on exotic wagers by a half of a percentage point cleared the state Assembly by unanimous vote May 3. It is headed to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger for his signature.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Sky Treasure Upsets in Nassau Stakes
- Sunday Rules Speeds to Spring Fever Victory