California legislation increasing the takeout rate for exotic wagers beginning this winter and making the state the first in the nation to approve exchange betting was signed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger Sept. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Fair Grounds Preps a Tale of Two Sexes
- Lenny's Place: Spring Training Edition
- Rock Diva Dances to Auckland Cup Victory
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir Be 'The Boss'
- Slideshow: On the Way In Uruguay
- Wise Dan Back Under Tack March 4, 2015
- HOF Trainer Jerkens in Intensive Care in FL