California racing has "definitely turned a corner" on the workers' compensation insurance crisis, the leader of the state's trainer association said, but a reduction in premiums is at least a year away.
Despite a workers' compensation crisis, California trainers continued to enter horses for weekend programs in the state. But officials are concerned about the ramifications if the situation isn't resolved soon.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field