The California Senate confirmed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's appointments of John Harris and Jesse Choper to the California Horse Racing Board on April 2.
- By Tom LaMarra
The California Senate is considering legislation that would extend by four years provisions that allow for payment of purse funds to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. The law, which sunsets Jan. 1, 2004, generates about $1.8 million for the NTRA each year through horsemen's contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill