The California Senate confirmed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's appointments of John Harris and Jesse Choper to the California Horse Racing Board on April 2.
The California Senate is considering legislation that would extend by four years provisions that allow for payment of purse funds to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. The law, which sunsets Jan. 1, 2004, generates about $1.8 million for the NTRA each year through horsemen's contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- Royal Posse Aces Evan Shipman Stakes Debut