The California Senate confirmed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's appointments of John Harris and Jesse Choper to the California Horse Racing Board on April 2.
The California Senate is considering legislation that would extend by four years provisions that allow for payment of purse funds to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. The law, which sunsets Jan. 1, 2004, generates about $1.8 million for the NTRA each year through horsemen's contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest