The California Senate confirmed Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's appointments of John Harris and Jesse Choper to the California Horse Racing Board on April 2.
- By Tom LaMarra
The California Senate is considering legislation that would extend by four years provisions that allow for payment of purse funds to the National Thoroughbred Racing Association. The law, which sunsets Jan. 1, 2004, generates about $1.8 million for the NTRA each year through horsemen's contributions.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch