Aiming for her fourth grade I victory, Turbulent Descent will start as the heavy favorite against eight opponents in the $300,000 La Brea Stakes at Santa Anita Dec. 31.
Bouncing back quickly from a disappointing trip to Saratoga two weeks earlier, Irish Gypsy heads the field in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
Odds-on choice Mildly Offensive validated her impressive debut maiden win last month when she splashed to a 4 1/4-length romp in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes on a sloppy track at rainy Santa Anita March 20.
Undefeated Turbulent Descent, one of the leading 2-year-old fillies in the nation last year, will race on dirt for the first time in the $250,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Feb. 5.
View the past week's races. Including the Mr Prospector, San Fernando and The Fifth Season Stakes. View Slideshow
California Nectar led every step of the way while holding off heavy favorite Zazu in the final strides to win the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) by a neck at Santa Anita Jan. 15.
California Nectar, fresh off a score in the California Breeders' Champion Stakes for state-breds, heads a field of seven fillies racing for the first time as 3-year-olds in the Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita.
Neversaidiwassweet got a perfect stalking trip from jockey Rafael Bejarano in her stakes debut, edging past Holiday for Kitten in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams