The California Horse Racing Board gave the go-ahead Nov. 29 to begin forming a trust to oversee a new jockeys' health insurance program in the state beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Jockey Kerwin John suffered a fractured pelvis and will be sidelined for four to six weeks after a Marcelo Polanco-trained filly flipped over and rolled on him during training hours at Santa Anita on Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother