The California Horse Racing Board gave the go-ahead Nov. 29 to begin forming a trust to oversee a new jockeys' health insurance program in the state beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Jockey Kerwin John suffered a fractured pelvis and will be sidelined for four to six weeks after a Marcelo Polanco-trained filly flipped over and rolled on him during training hours at Santa Anita on Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware