The California Horse Racing Board gave the go-ahead Nov. 29 to begin forming a trust to oversee a new jockeys' health insurance program in the state beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Jockey Kerwin John suffered a fractured pelvis and will be sidelined for four to six weeks after a Marcelo Polanco-trained filly flipped over and rolled on him during training hours at Santa Anita on Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Draws Post 5 for Belmont
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- Legatissimo Favored in 11-Horse Investec Oaks
- Mitchell to Retire from Juddmonte Farms
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Cuomo Supports NYRA's Bonomo Taking Leave
- To Move or Not to Move