The California Horse Racing Board gave the go-ahead Nov. 29 to begin forming a trust to oversee a new jockeys' health insurance program in the state beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Jockey Kerwin John suffered a fractured pelvis and will be sidelined for four to six weeks after a Marcelo Polanco-trained filly flipped over and rolled on him during training hours at Santa Anita on Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- Dubai Wold Cup 2015: Godolphin Mile
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup