The California Horse Racing Board gave the go-ahead Nov. 29 to begin forming a trust to oversee a new jockeys' health insurance program in the state beginning Jan. 1, 2008.
Jockey Kerwin John suffered a fractured pelvis and will be sidelined for four to six weeks after a Marcelo Polanco-trained filly flipped over and rolled on him during training hours at Santa Anita on Monday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly