Meeting for the first time Jan. 27, the newly-elected board members of the organization representing California trainers announced its support for replacement of the state's synthetic tracks.
A slate of new board members for the California Thoroughbred Trainers is set to take over next week following a special election demanded by members who are unhappy with the state of racing and the organization's direction.
The nine members of the California Thoroughbred Trainers board of directors gave notice they will resign when a new board is seated after an election in January 2010.
Two groups representing California trainers have reached agreement on some differences and the result could mean a new election for the California Thoroughbred Trainers, which represents trainers in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Ben's Cat Seeks Third Turf Monster Victory
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing