Meeting for the first time Jan. 27, the newly-elected board members of the organization representing California trainers announced its support for replacement of the state's synthetic tracks.
A slate of new board members for the California Thoroughbred Trainers is set to take over next week following a special election demanded by members who are unhappy with the state of racing and the organization's direction.
The nine members of the California Thoroughbred Trainers board of directors gave notice they will resign when a new board is seated after an election in January 2010.
Two groups representing California trainers have reached agreement on some differences and the result could mean a new election for the California Thoroughbred Trainers, which represents trainers in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired