The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
Track operator Capitol Racing, which decided to walk away from its harness meet in Sacramento, is moving on – to Idaho and other breeds.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has expressed it intentions to bid on the lease of Cal Expo in Sacramento, Calif., and take over the 10-month-long Standardbred meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest