The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
Track operator Capitol Racing, which decided to walk away from its harness meet in Sacramento, is moving on – to Idaho and other breeds.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has expressed it intentions to bid on the lease of Cal Expo in Sacramento, Calif., and take over the 10-month-long Standardbred meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race