The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
Track operator Capitol Racing, which decided to walk away from its harness meet in Sacramento, is moving on – to Idaho and other breeds.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has expressed it intentions to bid on the lease of Cal Expo in Sacramento, Calif., and take over the 10-month-long Standardbred meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win