The California State Fair board plans to swap its Thoroughbred meet this summer for harness racing.
Track operator Capitol Racing, which decided to walk away from its harness meet in Sacramento, is moving on – to Idaho and other breeds.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has expressed it intentions to bid on the lease of Cal Expo in Sacramento, Calif., and take over the 10-month-long Standardbred meet.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses