A bill that would allow California racetracks and simulcast wagering facilities to conduct betting on professional and collegiate sporting events has been introduced in the state legislature.
Will Nevada-style gambling come to California racetracks soon? Not likely, said the president of the Federation of California Racetracks, Jack Liebau, who offered only lukewarm interest for a state gambling initiative that would allow racetracks to offer a full range of Las Vegas-style games, including slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine