A bill that would allow California racetracks and simulcast wagering facilities to conduct betting on professional and collegiate sporting events has been introduced in the state legislature.
Will Nevada-style gambling come to California racetracks soon? Not likely, said the president of the Federation of California Racetracks, Jack Liebau, who offered only lukewarm interest for a state gambling initiative that would allow racetracks to offer a full range of Las Vegas-style games, including slot machines.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 27, 2015
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- Itsaknockout Promotes Upcoming Boxing Match
- Changes Eyed for KY Breeders' Incentive Fund
- Houghton, Radosevich Win Mahoning Titles
- Case Against Pena Results in Three-Year Ban
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Dean Dorton Named Official BC Partner