Horses hoping to ship from Turf Paradise to California racetracks and other facilities in the state will be denied access because of a horse that was confirmed to have vesicular stomatitis at the Phoenix, Ariz., track.
The American Horse Council has added Dr. Kent Fowler, veterinarian and chief of the animal health branch at the California Department of Food and Agriculture, to its list of industry speakers at this year's National Issues Fall Forum at Keeneland Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita