Horses hoping to ship from Turf Paradise to California racetracks and other facilities in the state will be denied access because of a horse that was confirmed to have vesicular stomatitis at the Phoenix, Ariz., track.
The American Horse Council has added Dr. Kent Fowler, veterinarian and chief of the animal health branch at the California Department of Food and Agriculture, to its list of industry speakers at this year's National Issues Fall Forum at Keeneland Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet