Horses hoping to ship from Turf Paradise to California racetracks and other facilities in the state will be denied access because of a horse that was confirmed to have vesicular stomatitis at the Phoenix, Ariz., track.
The American Horse Council has added Dr. Kent Fowler, veterinarian and chief of the animal health branch at the California Department of Food and Agriculture, to its list of industry speakers at this year's National Issues Fall Forum at Keeneland Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees