A new facility featuring Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing is expected to open in 2014 near Calgary, Alberta, the partners in the project announced Dec. 4.
By Dan Kenny - Dwayne Hayworth had convinced his boss that young horses could be brought to racing fitness with a regimen that included truck training. Four horses at a time were tethered to a vehicle and exercised at controlled speed by the driver. It's a bit like a coach-and-four, with an SUV instead of a coach.
Horse Racing Alberta on Friday offered a 10-year racetrack license extension to Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta. The extension takes effect Jan. 1, 2004.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern