The story of Jim French, one of the most indestructible, indefatigable horses of the modern era, has faded into history, taking with it the colt's remarkable feats of durability on the racetrack and the notorious final chapter of his career, in which the Travers favorite was impounded by the Saratoga County sheriff's office and not permitted to run.
Knightly Spritely, a two-time Louisiana Broodmare of the Year, died June 20 at Dr. Delmar Caldwell and Jo Ann Thompson's Double Dam Farm near Folsom, La.
Miss Soft Sell, dam of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Brother Derek, is booked to Giant's Causeway.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress