The story of Jim French, one of the most indestructible, indefatigable horses of the modern era, has faded into history, taking with it the colt's remarkable feats of durability on the racetrack and the notorious final chapter of his career, in which the Travers favorite was impounded by the Saratoga County sheriff's office and not permitted to run.
Knightly Spritely, a two-time Louisiana Broodmare of the Year, died June 20 at Dr. Delmar Caldwell and Jo Ann Thompson's Double Dam Farm near Folsom, La.
Miss Soft Sell, dam of Preakness Stakes (gr. I) contender Brother Derek, is booked to Giant's Causeway.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes