Calder Race Course has announced its 2006 stakes schedules for the Calder and Tropical at Calder meets. Traditional events, such as the Summit of Speed and the Festival of the Sun, will again be held during the summer meet, but some exciting new concepts will also be introduced.
Saturday's $1.75 million Summit of Speed program at Calder Race Course will have top sprinters from coast-to-coast flying in to face a solid home defense team of speedsters in the six stakes races.
Texas Glitter, with John Velazquez riding, collared speedy Rocky Bar in the final 100 yards and went on to a 3/4-length victory in Friday's $200,000 Hollywood Turf Express (gr. IIIT) at 5 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown