Calder Race Course has announced its 2006 stakes schedules for the Calder and Tropical at Calder meets. Traditional events, such as the Summit of Speed and the Festival of the Sun, will again be held during the summer meet, but some exciting new concepts will also be introduced.
Saturday's $1.75 million Summit of Speed program at Calder Race Course will have top sprinters from coast-to-coast flying in to face a solid home defense team of speedsters in the six stakes races.
Texas Glitter, with John Velazquez riding, collared speedy Rocky Bar in the final 100 yards and went on to a 3/4-length victory in Friday's $200,000 Hollywood Turf Express (gr. IIIT) at 5 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient